Yapı Kredi Bank Azerbaijan CJSC has obtained a license on January 11, 2000 from the Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan under the name of Koçbank Azerbaijan LTD in order to engage in banking services No 243.
Yapı Kredi Bankası A.Ş in Turkey has also entered into the family of Koç Financial Services in September 2005.
Koçbank Azerbaijan LTD continues its activities under the name of Yapı Kredi Bank Azerbaijan” CJSC since the beginning of 2007. The change in Bank’s name is related to the unification of founder bank (Koçbank) with the other partner bank (Yapı Kredi Bank)
Currently, Yapı Kredi Bank Azerbaijan offers to its customer’s products with regard to the Retail and Corporative fields of banking. As a shareholder of the “Koç Group”, the predominant holding of Turkey and “Unicredit Group” being the biggest bank of Europe, the key purpose of the Yapı Kredi Bank Azerbaijan CJSC is to improve the experience of its shareholders available in 17 countries of the world according to the requests and requirements of Azerbaijan citizens and thus, contribute to the banking sector of the country.
The Bank has presented the Worldcard to the Azerbaijan customers in September 2012, which is considered one of the top 10 credit cards of the world and made available its innovative products such as Internet Banking and Mobile Banking in a short period of time, as well.
The management structure of the Bank comprises of the general meeting of the founders (shareholders), Board of Directors, the Audit Committee and managerial staff.
Yapı Kredi Bank Azerbaijan CJSC is a subsidiary bank of the world-known “Unicredit” (Italy) and “Yapı və Kredi Bankası A.Ş” (Turkey) banks.
During its activities, Yapı Kredi Bank Azerbaijan has offered a number of new products in the fields of retail and corporative banking, and has been awarded with different rewards for that:
- Most Trusted Bank Azerbaijan award by Global Banking and Finance Review in 2018
- The Best Internet Banking Product nominated according to the result of the customers’ voting in banco.az web-portal in 2015, Azerbaijan;
- The Best Internet Banking Product awarded by the Global Banking and Finance Review in 2015;
- The Best Retail Bank awarded by the Global Banking and Finance Review in 2015, Azerbaijan;
- A thank-you letter presented by the Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan for Active Banking services in 2015 ;
- The Most Innovative Corporative Bank awarded by the Global Banking and Finance Review in 2014, Azerbaijan;
- The Best New Retail Banking awarded by the Global Banking and Finance Review in 2014;
- The Best Marketing Campaign awarded by the Master Card in 20212- Worldcard;
The Head Office of the Bank is located in 73G, Jalil Mammadguluzade street, AZ 1065, Baku city.